Question:
Dosage of vitaminD?
cquinn1934
2005-12-10 07:58:08 UTC
My doctor recommends high dosage of Vitamin D. 6,000
units. Is this too high? what are the downside or negative effectys?
Three answers:
2005-12-10 08:04:36 UTC
It seems like quite a bit although I don't think it would do any harm. Unneeded vitamins and minerals are usually released by your body through urine. Vitamin D is a vitamin that your own body produces when it is exposed to sunlight. It is usually only people who never see sunlight that are vitamin D deficient. Take a look at the factsheet at the url below. It may help you out with your concerns.
josh_120784
2005-12-10 16:01:15 UTC
The dosage underneath is the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA), but be aware that this dosage is the minimum that you require per day, to ward off serious deficiency of this particular nutrient. In the therapeutic use of this nutrient, the dosage is usually increased considerably, but the toxicity level must be kept in mind.

Male 400 iu, female 400 iu.
trident523@verizon.net
2005-12-10 16:00:44 UTC
I'm not a doctor. But I found this site, and I hope it helps.